Experienced Legal Guidance With Post-Divorce Issues

While divorce legally ends a marriage, the parties involved often need to cooperate on custody and visitation agreements, coordinate support payments, and fulfill other divorce decree orders. Sometimes, changes occur that require modifications to court orders.

In other instances, one party does not adhere to a court order, failing to pay support or follow the guidelines of a custody or visitation agreement. A party may even refuse to follow a court order regarding the distribution of marital property. In these situations, we file a contempt of court motion. If an individual continues to disregard a written order, a judge may impart a fine or order jail time until the individual complies with the order.

We Work To Resolve Disputes Cost-Effectively

The Law Offices of Susan L. Ward, LLC, serves clients in Greater St. Louis, Missouri, in the full range of family law matters, including assisting with modifications or enforcement of orders.

We are committed to bringing our experience in some of the state's most complex family law cases to help you work toward an ideal resolution. We strive to reach solutions without the need to litigate, but our attorneys are experienced courtroom advocates who are always prepared to protect your interests both in and out of court.

If you need to seek a post-divorce modification, or your ex-spouse or child's other parent is not complying with any portion of a divorce decree, our lawyers are ready to advocate on your behalf. Call 314-783-9400 or use our online contact form to schedule a consultation.